Thursday, November 5, 2009

Waking with her in my arms…

…Always seems a miracle to me. After the battle…yet, she has told me not to talk to anyone about that yet.

So, I must focus on something else. What shall I talk of? what shall I mention that would not be off limits until she mentions it, or until her book comes out?

*Silent laughter* She would be so angry right now if she knew I were here. it is dark, but she is still asleep. I am afraid that for a while yet she is going to be tied to more than the movements of the sun. We are in the South, and it has been dark for at least an hour, perhaps longer. I lost track of the actual movement of time. But yet she slumbers. She won’t be for much longer. And I will have to be by her side when she awakens. I promised her she will never have to wake alone.

I fear for her. I sense something is amiss, but she won’t talk to me. She has even blocked our minds from talking about it. Yet, I can see something is bothering her. Something more than what happened all those months ago. Maybe when she begins opening up more about what happened, she will open up more about what is bothering her.

I can only hope.

I go back to my opening statement. It does not matter the exact *what* of what is bothering her. it may sound a little cold putting it that way. but we have eternity to work through it. I will be there with her, waking with her in my arms from the night after I changed her, to the day we decide to end it completely. She will remain in my arms, and it will forever be a miracle. Whatever this is, it may seem important to her now, but in the long run, it is really just trivial and we will work through it together.

Yet, until she see this, I fear that she may do something that she will regret.

To sleep and wake with each other. To live and love with each other. In reality, that is all that matters.

~Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominick and his mate, Missy, are characters out a book series starting with Into the Forest (coming July 2010 from Mundania Press) and the sequel, Underhill (work-in-progress) written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas