Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My poor love...

Centuries I have searched. Centuries. Do you know how long that really is? especially when you can not, absolutely not, let anyone close? Sure, you have the stories of these would-be lover-type vampires (and yes, some of them are true, regardless of what you would chose to believe) that pine and whine that they cannot be with their loves. But they can. they chose not to. I would have changed places with them in a second. Or I thought I would have.

But then I would not have been with Missy. I would not have met her. I would not have held her in my arms. I would not have placed her in danger. Or would I? Am I looking at this wrong? If I had chose to forsake my mission, if I had chosen to chose a love all those years ago, regardless that that love would not be my true mate...would I be condemning Missy to death?

I will have to think on that one.

I had not thought of it that way. If it is the truth, then I have been beating myself up for nothing. I have been letting Rita verbally beat me for the same.

I will have to think.

Regardless, I wish there was some way I could make this easier for Missy. All of it. She has told her story to this point. I am following her lead on what she chooses to disclose, but I will also disclose bits and pieces. Her story must be told, and I will not take that away from her. The odds of a story coming from my point of view are slim, but there are times that I must...absolutely must....have my point of view heard.

Tonight is *not* one of them. Tonight I pine for my love in a way that she will never understand even though she is mere feet away from me. I have "high-jacked" her computer, as she would say, to put this out to the world. She is young yet. She will learn.

She is hurting though. The reasons, for your curiosity, will be let known soon. for tonight, it is enough that her and I know. I must go to her now. The night is young and I would be with her and not this box.

I hope you understand.

~Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominick and his mate, Missy, are characters out a book series starting with Into the Forest (coming July 2010 from Mundania Press) and the sequel, Underhill (work-in-progress) written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas