Sunday, November 8, 2009

Little Miss Rita…

You can say I was shocked to see Little Miss Rita’s little rant here on the world wide web tonight. I was not expecting that. I could say that I thought that we were making progress…but that would be a lie.

I had wanted to talk a little more about my past history…perhaps a little more about my relationship with Missy. One or the other. But Rita superseded that with her…complaint. Perhaps after I address what she said, I can continue on with what I was going to talk about…perhaps.

She said that I am the root of Missy’s problems…well, I really can’t deny that. After all, I admitted to feeling that way myself. So, regardless of what Missy feels, I feel that Rita has a valid point there.

What I take umbrage with the most, is the accusation that I am more like Hildy that I will admit. I am not a cold, unfeeling murderer. I have never sought to harm others. I have never killed in cold blood, or otherwise. Hildy has. It is true that I transformed Missy into a vampire, and I will regret that to this day. I would have ended my life with Missy. I would have chosen to die the day Missy died, regardless of when that was. But, Hildy changed that for me…and so did Missy. I was selfish in following through with it. I never sought to change her though. I never planned on it.

I have never sought to push Rita out of Missy’s life, but if that is how Rita sees it, I am sorry for her. I was very happy for Missy to have someone like Rita in her life, someone who loves her as much as Rita does, and I hope that love comes back to what it is. I have no plans to make it change…in either direction. It is up to the women.

But, I am not evil. I am not like Hildy. I never have been, and I hope to the gods and goddesses of the old world, that I never will be.

It saddens me that Rita has become so…bitter. Especially reading her blog profile that she is now seeking to use her magic to get rid of me in any way she can. If she can just learn to accept me, we can all live together—not in the literal sense, of course0—and be happy.

~Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominick and his mate, Missy, are characters out a book series starting with Into the Forest (coming July 2010 from Mundania Press) and the sequel, Underhill (work-in-progress) written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas