Saturday, November 21, 2009

Lucky coin

I was thinking back to my mortal years. back before I found out about my mother, back when it was just my father and I and we were just simple farmers in the hills of Ireland. Do you realize how many years ago those were? Me neither. it has been so many that I cannot accurately count them. One day I might sit down and figure them out for Missy, but not today. today I was thinking about something else. I had a coin. yes, a coin. A lucky coin. or what I thought was lucky at that time. But, thinking back, it don’t suppose it was all that lucky considering what happened. it was shortly after I found that coin that mother showed up on our doorstep, and then Hildy and the whole vampire fiasco. I wonder what happened to that coin? Was it lucky? I don’t know. I don’t know. If you look at it from that angle, no, it wasn’t lucky…but in the long run, it led me to Missy, and that, my dear mortals, was very lucky. I would not trade Missy for anything in the world. Perhaps that coin will find its way back to me. Perhaps. they usually do. I will have to keep my eye open for it. It has been centuries. I would never have thought a coin would last that long, but you see it all the time. So, yes, I will have to keep my eye open, and see what circumstances it brings with it…and perhaps, if they are well, I will pass it along to my love.

~Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dominick and his mate, Missy, are characters out a book series starting with Into the Forest (coming July 2010 from Mundania Press) and the sequel, Underhill (work-in-progress) written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas